If you have a backed-up toilet or your sink is leaking, you know you need a plumber, but do you know how to hire the right plumber? There are many certifications, qualifications, and qualities that you need from your plumber that you might not realize. Luckily, since we’re on the business side, we understand what separates a good plumber from a great plumber and we’ll help you hire the best professional for the job. If you need a plumber in Overland Park, KS, you need a professional from our team. We’re always conscientious, thorough, and efficient.
How to Find a Good Plumber
- Personal Referrals: Nothing is better than word of mouth. If you’re looking for a good plumber, ask those you trust. Inquire about plumbing services in your area from friends, coworkers, and neighbors.
- Online Recommendations: We live in the age of the internet—use it to your advantage. Online review sites can provide great sources for honest opinions about plumbing services and technicians. Try sites like Yelp, HomeAdvisor, and Recommend Me for free access to a great network of technicians and service professionals.
What Makes a Good Plumber?
Now you know how to find a good plumber, but what are the qualities you should look for?
- Licensing: Your plumber needs licensing to work here in Kansas. You can ask to see a plumber’s license to ensure that they’re qualified to provide quality plumbing for your home.
- Experience: A great determining factor of a good plumber is their experience in their industry. Our team here at Lutz Plumbing has been around for 98 years and we ensure that our plumbers are master’s in their field before we hire them and then give them extensive training to make sure they’re up to date with the best plumbing practices.
- Credentials: Many people are unaware that there are several types of plumbers. The competency of pa lumber is denoted by one of three credentials—apprentice, journeyman, or master plumber.
- An apprentice plumber: this plumber is training with a union on nonunion contractor organization. Training consists of classroom instruction and paid hands-on work. An apprentice works alongside a journeyman or master plumber rather than alone.
- A journeyman plumber: journeyman plumbers have fulfilled the requirements of apprenticeship and have a license. A journeyman plumber can do most kinds of plumbing work, but most can’t run their own businesses.
- A master plumber: A master plumber is the highest rank (this is the only type of plumber we hire) they’re the most qualified and have worked several years alongside a journeyman. Master plumbers must complete several hours of schooling each year so that they’re up-to-date with new advancements in the plumbing industry.
Make sure you’re choosing the best when you’re choosing a plumber for your home.
Choose Lutz Plumbing, Inc.
We take our plumbing services seriously. We train our plumbers extensively, hire master plumbers for our services, and even send you an email with a picture and short bio of the technician coming to your home so you know exactly what to expect. We’ve served the Kansas City area for almost a century—we’ll perform great plumbing services for you!